Stay at home mums, campers, travelers and even businessmen and women could all do with a carry all bag. Known for their spacious interior and elegant exteriors, carry all bags are the perfect accessory for a busy lifestyle when you don’t know where you might end up at the end of the day.
Time To Complete: 2 Hours
With different designs to choose from, finding the right carry all bag can be a challenge. Which is why it’s a better idea to save yourself the money and time and make one for yourself.
Here is a handy tutorial that will walk you through the process of making your carry all bag in simple and detailed steps.
What You Will Need to DIY Your Own Carry all Bag
- Cotton fabric
- Vinyl bags
- Snap fasteners
What You Will Get
- A digital PDF tutorial with detailed step by step guides covering everything from fabric measurements and cuts to fusing and partitioning.
- The PDF is available in multiple language translations for easier understanding.
- A step by a step video tutorial for easy following and guarantee success when making the carryall bag.
What the Final Bag Offers
- 18 pockets of different sizes and designs to hold various tools and sewing materials.
- Additional vinyl clear bags attached to the swivel hook to house smaller items like thimbles, needles and embellishments.
- Large zippered pockets (the size of a standard magazine). These can fit an iPad or tablet or a small cutting mat.
- Mesh pockets for tools like cutters and scissors.
- A flap side that can be used as an ironing pad or beading mat.
- Easy to reach pockets on the sides for easy and convenient access. These can be used to store pencils, markers, seam rippers and pens.
- Spaces between the large pocket are significant enough to hold fabrics and other sizeable items.
Once completed, the carryall bag is extremely versatile, with options of purchasing an additional supply kit to increase capacity.
The color scheme and pattern of the bag can change depending on what you have in mind without affecting the integrity or functionality of the bag.
Most sewers that have tried this tutorial have given it a thumbs up, commending the ease of the tutorial, practicality of the bag, and the visual assistance offered by the video tutorials.