If you struggle with printable patterns or you don’t have a printer, you will love making the essential pouch because it has a measure and cut pattern. It’s much easier if you have frixion pens, rotary cutter and a quilting ruler.
Time To Complete: 1 hour
What You Will Need to DIY Your Own Essential Pouch
- Quilting cotton for the exterior fabric.
- Bottom fabric (preferably contrasting).
- Quilting cotton or a fabric of your choice for lining fabric.
- Metal or nylon zipper (6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch or 11-inch depending on the size of pouch you want to make).
- Medium weight fusible interfacing
- A sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
The essential pouch is a great pattern for beginners to pick up. For more experienced sewers, it is easy to work on and stress free. The pouch comes in different sizes each of them designed to suit its applications.
The approximate size (width, height, depth) of the different pouches when completed are:
- Small – 5 ½ by 3 ½ by 1 ½ inches
- Medium – 7 by 5 by 2 inches
- Large – 8 ½ by 6 by 2 ½ inches
- Extra-large – 8 ¾ by 7 by 3 inches