Bringing your femininity doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. This easy to work bra pattern is just what the doctor ordered. Not only do you benefit from the therapeutic nature of sewing you also get to try out a brand new bra at the end of it.
Time To Complete: 1 Hour 30 minutes
What You Will Need to DIY Your Own MARA Bralette Sewing Pattern
- 2 1/5 yards of stretch lace (the fabric has be at least 16cm wide).
- 1/3 yards of sheer tricot lining (120 cm wide)
- 1 yard of narrow lingerie elastic. You can also use clear elastic tape for the cups.
- 2 1/5 yards of 10mm wide plush back lingerie elastic.
- 1 yard of 10mm wide strap plastic
- 1 yard of underwire channeling tape
- Hook and eye enclosure
- 2 sets of 10mm wide rings and 2 sliders.
Even though the pattern is for intermediate sewers, the instructions of the pattern are simple enough for novices to take a crack at it without any challenges.
The bra is for women with a size 30AA-42D bust but can accommodate other sizes as well and has provisions for that.