The Kalani bag is a medium-sized bag that is classy and stylish. It’s perfect for various applications both formal and casual depending on the material you use to make the bag.
Time To Complete: 3-4 Hours
What You Will Need to DIY Your Own Kalani Backpack Pattern
- 44-inch wide heavyweight home decorator leather, artificial leather or quilting weight cotton. A yard for the exterior fabric and a yard for the lining.
- ¼ yard of the back straps, handle and buckle holders.
- 1 yard of 44-inch wide heavyweight fusible interfacing
- One 10” all-purpose zipper for the lining pocket
- 3 1.2 yards of double-folded lining bias tape 3/8 inches wide.
- Six sets of 4.5mm metal eyelets.
- Two sets of 8mm double cap rivets for the leather buckle holder
- Two ¾ inch wide buckles with center bar for the back strap
- A sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Coordinating thread
You can decide to make the bag from leather, cotton fabric, suede or vinyl. No matter the type of fabric you use, the end result is a stunning bag that will become your favorite very fast.
This Kalani bag pattern is perfect for confident beginners as well as intermediaries with some experience.