Do you have some extra time on your hands, and you’re looking to create a stunning bag? Why not try out the flip clutch wallet? It’s a great everyday bag with plenty of features that will complement your everyday activities.
Time To Complete: 1 hour 10 mins
This elegant ladies’ wallet has an excellent design with numerous compartments and is functional complete with a wrist strap.
It’s a great accessory to complement your favorite look and is not chunky. Here’s how you can make a flip clutch wallet of your own today.
What You Will Need to DIY Your Own Flip Clutch Wallet
- 1/3 yards of the exterior fabric. Pick quilting weight cotton of your choice.
- Leather or vinyl for the flap and body pieces.
- One zipper that is 8 inches or longer
- ½ a yard of lining fabric. Again, you can choose the quilting weight cotton you prefer.
- A sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- One 15 mm split ring or larger. You can also choose to use a mini lobster clip.
- Fusible interfacing
- Two, ½ inch magnetic clasps. Alternatively, you can use one twist lock and one clasp.
What to Expect
Once complete, you should have a flip clutch wallet that is about 7.75 inches by 4.75 inches. That is plenty of space for your everyday personal effects. The completed flip clutch bag will have:
- A zippered pocket on one end for your change.
- A phone pocket that can hold a large phone on the other end.
- A center panel fitted with eight credit card slots. Each slot can hold multiple cards.
- Two main pockets for banknotes each held in place with magnetic clasps.
- The flap locks in place using a magnetic clasp of twist-lock depending on what you chose to use.
- You can choose whether you want to have a rounded or a V-shaped flap.
- A secure wrist strap that allows you to accessorize the bag when you’re out and about in the evening.
The tutorial is designed to help you get the most value out of your money. With instant download guides and full-size drafted PDF patterns, you can get started on the new pattern as soon as you make the payment.
The instruction manual features patterns for both rounded and V-shaped flaps, and the measurements are indicated in inches and centimetres, so you don’t have to worry about converting them.
The crystal clear, simple instructions are paired with full-color photos of every step for better clarity and additional sewing tips to save you time and guarantee success.
In case you run into any problems, there’s pattern support available. It is extremely handy for sewers that are trying this for the first time.