Small bags have an irresistible allure to them. Despite being small, they somehow have enough space to hold multiple things, including your credit cards and even cosmetics.
Time To Complete: 1 hour 30 mins
The Devon pouch is one such bag. Small in stature but big in capacity. This handy little bag comes in various sizes, colors, patterns, and designs to suit your preferences. If you’ve always wanted to have a Devon pouch you could call your own, our guide will walk you through the steps to achieve precisely that.
What You Will Need to DIY Your Own Devon Pouch Pattern
- One 18 by 21 inches fat quarter fabric
- One fat quarter fabric for the exterior
- One 8-inch long metal zipper (you can substitute with a nylon alternative)
- One fat quarter of fabric (for lining the zipper pocket and pouch).
- One 6-inch long nylon or metal zipper
- Two zipper pulls with a wide leather lace. One 6 inches and another 8 inches long. These are optional.
- Sewing machine
- ½ a yard of SF 101 interfacing (you can also use medium weight fusible interfacing).
- Small, sharp fabric scissors
- A disappearing fabric marker (or a fine chalk pen)
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- Zipper foot (for the sewing machine)
- Wonder clips or pins or both
In this guide, you will get a PDF detailing all the steps to take to make your Devon zipper pouch. The design features two sizes of the Devon pouch. A small pouch that measures about 6 ½ inches by 3 ¾ inches tall and a large version that measures 7 ¼ inches wide by 5 inches tall and 1 ½ inch deep.
The detailed PDF instruction manual features to measure and cut patterns that make it easier for you to get perfect shapes and sizes using as little as a cutting mat, a ruler and a rotary cutter.
The steps herein are clear, simple, and easy to follow to help you enjoy the joy of bringing your Devon pouch to life.
Once complete, the Devon zipper pouch (both small and large) will feature a front zipper pocket and a zipper closure.
You can use the guide to make the Devon zipper pouch for yourself, as a gift or better yet, sell the completed pouch to your friends and family.